Sunday, April 29, 2007

Why am I sad.

This truck has been more of a hassle then it ever was a help. It has been hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Months of just sitting in the driveway with either a power problem or a clutch problem. It was loud and always smelled of gas. It was an awful vehicle.

So why now that I'm finally getting rid of it am I sad. Maybe its cause of the good times we've had. Like catching a nap in a rest area when i decided it would be a good idea to take a long drive on no sleep. Or the pride I had the first time I fired it up and moved it after I had the transmission pulled out and spent early 2 months of Saturdays working on it. Maybe its just one of the last things I have that reminds me of my father. It was during his final days that my brother took me out and showed me how to drive the stick shift as a distraction from what was going on in the hospital. Maybe its cause that now it is totally dead I'm just sad it doesn't get a better fate then a junkyard.

Either way now that it is leaving I feel bad that I will never see this little pickup again. When really the thing has been nothing but trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home