Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Benny Parsons

It is not a secret among my close friends that I am a huge race fan. As a result I feel a great loss of one of the worlds greatest racers, Benny Parsons.

I have been a face fan since I can remember. I have always been amazed by race cars. From my earliest memories of walking through the pits at Adams County Speedway. A small dirt track on the outskirts of a little town in Iowa near where I grew up, till now where I walk the pits of Nextel Cup races.

To me in many ways Benny became a voice of NASCAR. As John Madden is to football, he became a symbol of the sport he once competed in. While for a few races this season his voice was absent as he was battling his cancer. I realize that those broadcasts just didn't seem right without him. Its made me realize must how much Benny will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home