Saturday, December 30, 2006

Late night drives


Well I'm back on the road. Heading home after a week at my parents house.

Going home to my parents house is a strange experience since I am ten years removed from their constant presence. The house has changed, in my case it's a completely different house, and the people that come and go changed too. It is a weird dizzying time that oft remind me of when I was young, but still its unable to fulfill that need to regain my childhood.

It is a wild time of catching up with friends and family as most of them have not seen me face to face in six month or more. Encounters full of silly and useless question like, “So, hows life?” The one question that makes my heart sink as I realized when its all over I have to go back to my life and worries. I know they honestly don't really want to know how I am. So I reply, “Good,” in hopes they will leave it at that.

It is a time when I get to ignore the world. My only real thought is can I finish this book and still beat Zelda again before I have to go back to my normal world. A normal world that just does not allow me to sit around all day and play games or read. As a result, it is a time I plan for. I dig out old books and games in the hopes I can spend countless lazy hours at home zombified on a couch.

All the while the galactic dance of the universe goes on around me. People in other countries, on other worlds go about their daily lives. The world keeps turning. It is something I just don't care about. MY time spent home is like a portal into a realm where time and space does not not exist. A time where worries of the galactic dance cant reach me. The only worries I do have is, can I save Hyrule, again?

I didn't get you this year Ganon. Oh well, maybe next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home