Friday, December 01, 2006

What?

Do you remember the last time you were watching TV and a commercial came on that when it was over you realized they hadn't actually plugged a product or the commercial didn't make sense. I am beginning to believe that when a person gets older not only do they like music quieter but commercials and advertising quits making sense.



I guess I'm moving out of an age demographic.

Also could advertisers just be using the total confusion approach to sell products. Like the classic, put your billboard upside down strategy. I mean they appear with some thing new in the intention to start a trend. But, does it work when after the commercial you are left saying, "What?" I think it does.

Now as a result of the commercial Im not only trying to figure it out, but I'm constantly thinking about the product. As a result what ever they were trying to sell me stay on my mind as the mind boggling riddle they presents me drives me into a downward spiral into advertising induced insanity.

Well apparently thier advertising is working, cause now I'm writing about it in my blog. That is free advertisement. Salutations Holiday Hawk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home