Monday, October 30, 2006

In the Beginning


When the idea to start a blog was still fresh in my mind. I was having a hard time deciding what I would do with mine. The one main goal I had in mind was to make people laugh. That is still a goal of this blog while this isn't going to be one of those posts.

Me: Awesome ideas, this may actually work.
Roommate: yeah
Me: Save those to a text file somewhere.
Roommate: ok
Roommate: done. trillian logs my convos
Me: that should be on a shirt. "trillian logs my convos"

This was the starting point and a building block for many of the ideas for this site. The original idea was to have a site where people could submit humorous or crazy chat logs. The ones that you go back to and read over and over.

I don't know if I am the only person who enjoys this little ritual of periodically going back though all the chat I've had with hundreds of people on the internet, but its always fun to go back and see what you have written. Laugh again at the jokes made and arguments won. This is something I'm sure I will do a year from now with this blog.

People do not write journals for others. If so, why would they put locks on them? They write them for themselves. So while a blogs only difference is the fact that people write them with the thought that other people are going to read them we truly do it for ourselves.

So take a moment to self reflect and go back though your old writings. Find snippets and share them.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally sweet, Matt! I can't wait for this. You can link to my blog if I can leave this link in your comments:

http://users.livejournal.com/kim_jong_il__/

...if only those conversations were real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home