Monday, March 19, 2007

Short Trackin'!

Well a little about me. This weekend I took a tip on down to the West Plains Motor Speedway. I love this track. I have never found a dirt track that throws more intense racing action in your face anywhere.

Anyway it was the third night of the 8th Annual Dirt Works Justin Stanfill Memorial modified event. I was excited all week long about going. Talked to several of the teams as they passed through Rolla on their way to the track. While it was warm and in the upper 50's all week, I woke up to snow in Rolla.

I bundled up as warm as I could to survive, cause I knew the only think keeping me from the track was them canceling it. Weather be damned.

Its always nice to be able to hear those engines roar to life for the first time in a season, smell the fumes and keep the dust off the track out of your eyes. All to see a hundred or more of the bravest drivers in the Midwest go door to door for only 25 spots in the nights main event.

We showed up at the track around seven o'clock and racing didn't end till midnight. While we froze out butts off we couldn't have seen a better show.

Congrats to Jeremy Payne for winning the nights feature and Eric Turner for winning the overall point battle of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home